Dental Implants Canberra
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots inserted into the jaw bone to replace missing natural tooth. Implants and their attached crowns closely mimic the look and function of real teeth. It is a restoration designed to replace the missing tooth without any damage to the adjacent teeth.
Here at Civic Gentle Dental Care, our implant crown is $3,300 each. This does not include consultation, implant surgery or bone graft.
- Dental implants can replace one or several missing teeth
- In some cases they can be used to replace the entire dentition with set of artificial teeth on dentures supported by implants
- Implants preserve the remaining jaw bone structure
- Prevents formation of hollowed, collapsed cheeks that occur mostly after loss of teeth
- Restores the look of your smile in a natural manner that does not cause any compromise of the surrounding teeth
- Helps withstand greater bite pressures than bridges
- Prevent gum recession
- Does not require cutting of existing natural tooth structure of the neighbouring teeth like in bridges
- Enables you to regain your ability to speak and chew and also helps to reduce the likelihood of future infections or gum problems
- Can be looked after by regular flossing and brushing just like natural teeth
- Feels comfortable as they are firmly secured in the jaw bone
The Dental Implants that Civic Gentle Dental Care uses are made of commercially and medically pure Titanium alloy base embedded in the jaw bone, with a dental crown fitted on top of it. This is the same metal that has been successfully used in hip replacements, tried and tested for many years.
When a tooth is removed, the gap in the jaw can limit one’s chewing ability. To further complicate the issues, the teeth next door and opposing tooth can grow into the missing tooth’s space, messing up the normal biting altogether.
In the last few decades, technology has advanced tremendously when it comes to dental implants. It has become the most widely used mode of treatment for missing teeth for its superior qualities over bridges and dentures.
Dental Implant mimics the aesthetic and function of the natural tooth. For whatever your reason that your tooth is loss, consult with your dentist whether dental implant is suitable for you.
In suitable candidates, this procedure can also be used to also replace a whole arch of missing teeth. No more loose dentures.
The actual procedure only takes 15-30 minutes. A dental implant can be placed in one day as long as the site is suitable.
If there is not enough bone in the area, bone grafting will be required.
The gum will usually take 2-14 days to heal after placement.
You can usually start to eat normally 4-7 days after implant placement.
It is expected that most dental implants will last 10-15 years. Some health issues will shorten the lifespan such as smoking or diabetes.
An implant is fixed in the mouth so is the closest replacement to a real tooth.
A partial denture is the cheapest way to replace a missing tooth. However, many patients will find this uncomfortable as it may be bulky or move around while eating.
If missing teeth are not replaced, the adjacent teeth may tip into the space, making it harder to clean and potentially causing gum or bone problems. Additionally, the opposing tooth can over erupt.
Feel free to call us on (02) 6247 0224 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding your dental health or dental treatments. Our doctors and staff are happy to help.