Dental Veneers Canberra
- Composite Resin Veneers: Interest free payment plan from $30/week
- Porcelain Ceramic Veneers: Interest free payment plan from $57/week
At Civic Gentle Dental Care, our Dental Veneers in Canberra are either made with composite resin or high strength porcelain.
- Patients that have small teeth resulting in spaces that may not be easily closed by orthodontics.
- Patients that have worn away the edges of their teeth resulting in a prematurely aged appearance
- For patients who have malpositioned teeth that appear crooked
- For patients who needs to restore a single tooth that may have been fractured or discoloured, or multiple teeth to create a complete makeover.
- Thin veneers are effective options for ageing patients with worn dentition.
- Multiple veneers can close the spaces that are not easily closed by orthodontics
- Lengthen teeth that have been shortened by wear
- Fill the black triangles between teeth caused by gum recession
- Provide a uniform colour, shape, and symmetry, and make the teeth appear straight
- Applied to yellow teeth that won’t whiten
- Veneers are also recommended to strengthen worn teeth
- Veneers may discolour over time if they are not cleaned well.
- People who smoke or drink a lot of tea/coffee will find that their veneers stain faster.
A Composite Veneer may be directly placed (built-up in the mouth), or indirectly fabricated by a dental technician in a dental laboratory. A Porcelain Veneer is a veneer milled out of a ceramic ingot in our clinic using highly advanced 3D technology and bonded to the tooth, typically using resin cement.
This varies for each person. Your dentist will be able to discuss which type of veneer is best for your situation.
Composite veneers can be placed in one 2 hour appointment. Porcelain veneers require one 2 hour appointment to prepare the teeth and take a mould. The veneers are then made and glued on two weeks later.
Depending on the starting position of the teeth, some tooth structure will need to be removed to prevent the tooth becoming too bulky. We always aim to be as conservative as possible, it may only be 0.5mm removed. This is irreversible but does not cause any pain.
Gum contouring is the “finishing touch” to improve gum symmetry, create ideal tooth shapes and create a nicer smile. Not all patients need or want gum contouring. For example, gum contouring is not required if there is minimal gum showing when smiling.
Composite veneers in Canberra may be able to be placed and removed without damaging any tooth structure. Porcelain veneers in Canberra are usually considered to be permanent.
It is very unlikely for dental veneers to fall off if you look after them correctly. We recommend patients avoid biting directly into crunchy or hard foods with the veneers to minimise chipping. We may also recommend a mouth guard to wear at night to protect the veneers from grinding.
Composite veneers will last approximately 5-10 years while porcelain veneers are expected to last 10-15 years. Many patients will get more years out of their veneers if they maintain good oral hygiene and avoid biting into hard foods which may chip the veneers.
Veneers will last longer and can correct more issues than Lumineers.
Yes, many celebrities have veneers or crowns. Veneers only cover the front surface of the tooth so less tooth structure is removed. Dental Crowns encircle the entire tooth surface so more tooth structure needs to be removed.
Your smile is the often the first thing that people notice. Many patients find veneers to be worth the investment due to the improvement in confidence that they gain from having a beautiful smile.
Feel free to call us on (02) 6247 0224 or email us email@example.com if you have any questions regarding your dental health or dental treatments. Our doctors and staff are happy to help.