How Much Does A Filling Cost?
A dental filling is required for broken or cracked teeth and those that have been worn down due to improper use like tooth grinding or nail-biting.
There are different types of fillings, and each of them has its own pros and cons. The different types of fillings are amalgam, composites, metals, ceramic, and glass ionomer.
- Amalgam – strong and ideal for filling the cavities in the back area of the mouth such as molars.
- Composites or Filled resins – matches the colour of natural teeth.
- Gold and Silver Fillings – the most popular metals to be used for a cavity filling. Gold is more expensive but it is also the most durable.
- Ceramic Filling – tooth-coloured, and it is not likely to show stains over a prolonged period.
- Glass Ionomer – a combination of acrylic and glass that helps to provide the teeth with fluoride.
The type of filling is determined by various factors such as dentist prices for fillings, extent of decay, and insurance coverage, and of course the doctor’s recommendation.
How much does a filling cost in Canberra?
The dental filling price is higher compared to the cost of the usual dental procedures. These fix cavities and at the same time protect oral health.
The majority of dental filling treatments fall within these price ranges: a single amalgam filling costs $50 to $150 whilst a tooth-coloured composite filling is at $300 to $400. The tooth filling cost for cast-gold or porcelain filling is $900 to $4,500.
Dental Filling Cost at Civic Gentle Dental Care
Civic Gentle Dental Care offers tooth fillings Canberra at a reasonable rate. Our composite and glass ionomer is only $150 – $350 per filling whilst our composite/porcelain onlay is around $650 – $990 per filling.
The price depends on the size of the cavity which is why it is important for the dentist to have a look at it first before giving you the definite price.
The price may increase if the tooth is difficult to reach. An impacted tooth, a back molar, or other complications may add more to the cost compared to the usual tooth filling of the front tooth.