A smile makeover is a process wherein one will have his/her appearance improved through his/her smile by availing cosmetic dentistry services like dental veneers, teeth whitening, tooth implants and composite bonding.
However, treatment is not the same for everyone, your treatment would always depend on how major a change you seek in a smile (and the condition your teeth are in, to begin with), cosmetic dentistry cost can go from around $300 for basic brightening to as much as $100,000 for a full overhaul of the mouth and some plastic surgery.
Furthermore, before booking for a smile makeover, it also helps to have a consultation with your Canberra dentist, try to balance your options, check out cosmetic dentistry before and after photos just to have an idea of what to expect after your chosen treatment.
So what is really a smile make-over and what are the treatments involved? To be able to give you an idea on what to expect, here are the procedures that may be included:
- Laser Teeth Whitening – this is a very common addition for smile makeovers because difference in tooth colour happens to almost everyone.
- Veneers – this treatment is done to people who not only wish to change the colour but the shape of their teeth as well, although it can be more expensive than whitening.
- Orthodontic Treatment– traditional metal braces or Invisalign is the perfect choice for people seeking cosmetic dentistry as it can repair and remedy all kinds of concern including overbites, underbites, crossbites, gaps and crowded teeth.
- Dental Implants – this is the most intricate among all the procedures because this involves oral surgery and recovery.
- Gum Therapy- if you have periodontal disease, you would need deep cleaning of your gums and antibiotic application to prevent further infection. This is done because your gums play a crucial part in the overall appearance of your mouth.
- Crowns and Bridges – this repairs decayed or lacking teeth. Crowns cover the tooth to improve its appearance and protect the tooth against further damage while bridges, fill in the gaps left by missing teeth.
So how long do these procedures normally last? It usually takes a few weeks to a year, since your smile will be custom fitted to your taste and needs; rushing the procedure is not an option.
So if you want to have that perfect smile, go book an appointment with your nearest dentist today. There are a lot of dental clinics offering cosmetic dentistry in Canberra, check one out today and be amazed at how your smile could be changed for the better.