Dental implants are metal posts that are surgically placed into the jawbone beneath your gums. This will allow your dentist to mount a crown or replacement teeth onto them.
Tooth implant generally replace your missing teeth and it’s made up of three important parts:
- CROWN (tooth-like part of the implant, it’s usually made of ceramic material and it’s made to look a lot like a natural tooth)
- CONNECTOR/ABUTMENT (this is used to hold the crown to its base)
- BASE (it’s usually a titanium screw that merges and combines with natural bone to create a safe, stable base)
This type of tooth replacement in Canberra is created with synthetic components, usually of metal construction that is surgically inserted into the jawbone of your mouth. This implant function as an artificial tooth root and gives an anchoring point to which the dentures are attached.
Advantages of denture implants are:
- SECURITY & RETENTION (holds dentures in place, without the need for adhesive and without the wearer being concerned of possible slippage)
- JAW BONE PRESERVATION AND APPEARANCE IMPROVEMENT (implants stop bone loss as the implants themselves copies the natural tooth root you once had, so that the body does not break down the bone around the implant)
- SMALLER IN MOUTH AND LOOKS MORE NATURAL (the difference when implants are holding the dentures are: the excess material can often be discarded, giving you a more natural look and fit, thus making you more confident and less conscious)
- COMFORT (the implants contributes to delaying bone loss, making everything fit with more comfort in your mouth for a longer period of time)
- CONFIDENCE & QUALITY OF LIFE (because the dental implants in Canberra are holding the dentures in place, it makes the bone stronger, causing your smile to remain, and it also makes eating a lot more enjoyable. It also gives you more confidence and a positive outlook on life)
Traditional dentures may really be affordable but when you’ve lost all your teeth, this will cause your gums to eventually shrink, making your false teeth to slip out at the most inappropriate times, getting Canberra dental implant gives you back your confidence and your peace of mind which goes beyond any financial cost that is associated with the treatment.